Personalising your funeral
Funerals nowadays are much more personal services, with families having more input than they used to in the past.
One of the biggest changes is the choice of music that is played. More families are choosing specially-chosen recorded music rather than organ music.
As a guide, we would suggest that a special piece of music is played as the coffin enters and then another piece at the end of the service as the congregation leaves the chapel. Although the majority of funerals still require a hymn or two, this isn’t a necessity. More families prefer to use their time in the chapel listening to music that has a special meaning and hymns can be replaced with more recorded music. It is also particularly poignant to have a quiet piece of music played as the curtains close, as a moment of reflection.
Although a religious service is still very popular, with psalms and prayers, many more families choose instead to have special poems and personal readings instead.
Another idea that helps to make your service special is the provision of a photo/photos that can be displayed in the chapel during your service or maybe some of your loved one’s favourite possessions. A hat, for instance, that is instantly recognisable!
We are here to ensure that you have the service that you want. We will work alongside your Funeral Director and help in any way we can.
Webcasting the Funeral Service
At Llanelli Crematorium we have the facilities to offer a Webcasting of the funeral service. This new innovation enables family and friends who live far away or are unable to attend the opportunity to take part in your loved one’s funeral service anywhere around the world over the Internet.
If you wish to have a webcast of the service please contact your funeral director who will organise this with us. Once this has been set up you will shortly receive a unique ‘Order ID’ (5 numbers) and a ‘Password’ (8 letters) which ensures only those with this information can view the webcast.
- To view the webcast go to the Wesley Media home page; www.wesleymedia.co.uk
- On the left hand side click ‘Webcasts’.
- On the Terms & Conditions page a test video should play. If you are unable to view the test video you may need to install the latest version of Microsoft Silverlight which is freely available via the Microsoft website.
- Once the test video works and you have agreed to the Terms & Conditions you will need to log in your order ID and password.
- A blank screen will appear until the webcast broadcast begins at the start of the funeral. It is advised the page is periodically refreshed (press ctrl and F5 together) while waiting for the service to begin.
- Once the service has concluded it will be made available to view On Demand for a period of 7 days.
Please note – due to the nature of the internet, no guarantee is given on the delivery of audio or visual data over the internet. Llanelli Crematorium or Wesley Media shall not be liable for any corruption to, delay in receiving or other defect relating to data delivered over the internet.
DVD - Audio Recording
We are able to offer DVD and CD audio recordings of the funeral service to provide you with a lasting tribute to your loved one.
If you wish to have the service recorded please contact your funeral director who will make these arrangements with us. DVD’s and CD’s take an average of 10-14 days after the funeral to be complied and delivered. Additional copies can also be provided.
Please refer to our price list for the current fees for the webcasting and recording services.